NC Media Watch

A quest for reason and accuracy in letters to the editor, guest editorials and other issues of interest to the citizens of Western Nevada County.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Union online reader log in and anonymous posts

Now that the Union requires all readers to log in, I think it is time stop the "Anonymous" comments on the letters and editorials. If people are not willing to stand behind their comments , they are not worth much. I do not ponder over the anonymous comments. If it is worth writing, it should be worth signing.

Click here for a private e-mail comment. For public comment select comments below.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I CAN understand the necessity of someone posting anonymously when the issue MIGHT involve criminal activity. And, I imagine your first response THEN would be to "take it to law enforcement". I'm afraid there are just too many times when that is ABSOLUTLEY not an option. Does that mean the person SHOULD NOT have an opinion? I don't think so, and I think SOME OF THESE ANONYMOUS posts just MIGHT, (with enough information included), GET THE ATTENTION THEY NEED.

Wed Oct 19, 08:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Frederic Christie said...

Strikes me that, since The Union has now made free registration mandatory to access the rest of the site, they should simply auto-login you to the comments system.

Wed Oct 19, 01:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sherry said...

"Strikes me that, since The Union has now made free registration mandatory to access the rest of the site, they should simply auto-login you to the comments system."

I'm sure they will. :-)

Wed Oct 19, 01:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home