NC Media Watch

A quest for reason and accuracy in letters to the editor, guest editorials and other issues of interest to the citizens of Western Nevada County.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Grass Valley Redevelopment

Melanie Wellner writes, "Don't displace locals," July 7, 2005


Some good words of caution about turning Grass Valley in to another tourist mecka.
When I first moved to this area in 1972, I walked the streets of Nevada City and knew I that this was the type of small town in which I wanted to live. There were all the functioning businesses one needs in life - a pharmacy, an auto parts store, a health food store, a fabric store, etc. Now I rarely go to Nevada City. I am not a tourist.
We will hear more complaints about people shopping out of town, if Grass Valley turns it self into another tourist destination, and stops being a center of commerce.

Click here for an e-mail comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home