NC Media Watch

A quest for reason and accuracy in letters to the editor, guest editorials and other issues of interest to the citizens of Western Nevada County.

Monday, April 25, 2005

My Introduction to global weather dynamics

Thanks to Junkscience, I now have a copy the April 28, 1975 Newsweek article that prompted my interest in global warming, or in this case global cooling. I was in Thailand at the time, but when I got to Nebraska in Setember, I bought several books on how the earth warms and cools. So concerned about the coming global cooling, and the growing energy crisis, I designed our dream house to be an energy efficient solar home. But the Nevada County contractor we chose, would not build it. A home sized solar oven he called it. By the early 1980s, the global cooling scare was over, and the world was begining to warm again. If you would like your own copy of the Newsweek article, click here.

Tell me what you think

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home