NC Media Watch

A quest for reason and accuracy in letters to the editor, guest editorials and other issues of interest to the citizens of Western Nevada County.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Things You Might Want to Know:

Dan Gilmore the San Jose Mercury New Technology Columnist, and, author of We the Media is leaving the paper. It was after reading We the Media that I started this weblog to become a citizen journalist. I met Dan several years ago at KVMR, we had been invited to discuss the future impact of the Internet.
I'll be leaving the San Jose Mercury News next month to work on a citizen-journalism project.
I hope to pull together something useful that helps enable -- and demonstrates -- the emerging grassroots journalism that I wrote about in my recent book. Something powerful is happening, it's in the early stages and I have a chance to help figure this out.
We will keep track of Dan and his new venture.

Tell me what you think

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home